Name:
Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States

My wife Sandi and I are full-time RVers, and Workampers, employed at Adventureland amusement park in Des Moines Iowa, where I have worked for the last 20 years, and am currently a manager in the rides department. I also am a facilitator for one of the weekly Bible studies held for the employees there. I also teach a Bible Study in our home at our winter location in Mesa, Arizona. In addition to writing this blog, I am the author of a book entitled "Going Forth in the Name, an RVer's Guide to Living the Christian Life." I am a retired Police Sergeant of 25 years experience. MY book called "Going Forth in the Name" It is about living the Christian life, and staying connected to the Body of Christ while traveling as a full-time RVer.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Thank you, Anonymous!

I mentioned in my last post that I had not posted for a while because I felt particularly burdened to take advantage of the time at hand to get the book finished. I think that my frustration must have shown through.

I am always grateful for your comments. The encouragement from Jack and Karen Gregory, and Bob and Karen Johnson, my most regular commentors, as well as many others not so regular, have been immeasurable in their value, and encouragement. One comment in particular, on my last post (in March) was just what I needed to hear. "Anonymous" writes:

"One day is as a thousand to Him. When He is finished it will be good." (Italics added)

I often see myself as the stubborn, self-indulgent, errant child who is standing in the way of Father God’s plan for me to get His message out into the world. To some extent this is certainly true. Yet this comment reminds me that Almighty God is not so easily thwarted. He knows me; He knows what I can and will do. His Spirit walks alongside me to help me, and to guide me in the way that I should go.

I have this idea about how I think that this should all go, yet He has His own timetable, and regardless of how practical mine seems to me, His is better. The truth is, that I sat down to write three (or was it four) years ago thinking that I knew what I would say, yet not exactly how I would say it. Much of that which I have thought of as delay, turns out to be the Holy Spirit saying to me: "I’m not finished teaching you about this yet."

I have learned, and continue to learn many things in the course of writing "Going Forth in The Name". I have changed my mind about many things as I have reflected on the meaning of the passages in God’s word that I have dealt with in the book. Not only have I dealt with the word, but it has dealt with me. I will never be the same, as I also hope my readers will not either.

I am down to the draft of the last chapter now. Christ has shown me in the last few days the shape it will take. I am in the busy season at work now, yet I know that He makes time for me to do His will. Much water has run under the bridge for me since the last post, and I hope to have time to write about some of that soon as well. Pray for me, that I will be true to the vision that the Spirit has set before me. This is a hectic time, but a very exciting time as I begin to see this dream come true.

So, thank you, anonymous, for sharing those two short sentences that seem to say so much, and for reminding us all that "He makes all things beautiful in His time . . ."

Thanks for sharing this moment with me today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home