Name:
Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States

My wife Sandi and I are full-time RVers, and Workampers, employed at Adventureland amusement park in Des Moines Iowa, where I have worked for the last 20 years, and am currently a manager in the rides department. I also am a facilitator for one of the weekly Bible studies held for the employees there. I also teach a Bible Study in our home at our winter location in Mesa, Arizona. In addition to writing this blog, I am the author of a book entitled "Going Forth in the Name, an RVer's Guide to Living the Christian Life." I am a retired Police Sergeant of 25 years experience. MY book called "Going Forth in the Name" It is about living the Christian life, and staying connected to the Body of Christ while traveling as a full-time RVer.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Another Noteable Passing

I previously wrote about my friend and former classmate, Lonnie Brown ("And speaking of old friends." January, 2008) who was battling cancer. I received word some time back that on May, 16, Lonnie lost the battle but won the war. Many of us had hoped for a different kind of miracle, but Lonnie had experienced the ultimate miracle of God’s grace that is available to us all. His family reported his passing with these words:


"Lonnie Brown received his healing and promotion on Friday, May 16th at 3:42 in the afternoon while his son-in-law, Rev. Jason Sciscoe was reading John 14. All of his family was there to celebrate his homegoing with singing and worship. The peace and presence of God filled the room, and the strength of your prayers was felt by all. We will never forget the outpouring of love support and prayers during this journey."

And so, once again, I guess that there is just one thing left to say: "Welcome home Lonnie, welcome home!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home